1) split hair in half, the bottom half will be used to color. *note that when you wash your hair afterward, the color will bleed on the rest of your hair.
2) bleach certain strips of hair (which is what I did) or bleach bottom half, whatever floats your boat.
3) choose whichever dye colors you desire and cover the bleached stripped hair with that color.
4) wrap it in foil and move on to the next piece.
5) typically leave the color in for 20-40 minutes, then wash out.
6) for best results, leave the dyed hair in the foils overnight and the next morning wash the dyed hair separately, then regular hair
7) BAM, colored tips